|Substance Name||CAS # (Chemical Abstracts Service)||Where used (examples)|
Also called Tetraglyme, Tetraethylene glycol dimethyl ether, and TetraEGDME
– In lithium-ion battery technology;
– Manufacture of soldering fluxes and solder pastes, of computers, electronics, and optical products;
– Production of binders for paints, adhesives;
– Used in paints and adhesive removers;
– HFC/CFC lubricant in automotive air conditioning, compressors;
– Printing and reproduction of recorded media,
– Solvent used in flue gas cleaning systems;
– Volatile organic compounds (VOC) extractors, from solid wastes;
– Additive for the fixation of methylated methylolmelamine resins in durable-press cotton and cellulosic fabrics
|Dioctyltin dilaurate, stannane, dioctyl-, bis(coco acyloxy) derivs., and any other stannane, dioctyl-, bis(fatty acyloxy) derivs. wherein C12 is the predominant carbon number of the fatty acyloxy moiety||3648-18-8 and others|
– Widespread use for the manufacture of plastic products, fabrics, textiles, apparel, and leather;
– Stabilizers and catalysts in the production of plastics, rubber, adhesives, and sealants, coatings and paints, thinners, paint removers, fillers, putties, plasters, modeling clay, metal surface treatment products, non-metal-surface treatment products, ink and toners, products such as pH regulators, flocculants, precipitants, neutralization agents, leather treatment products, paper, and board treatment products, polishes and wax blends, polymer preparations and compounds, textile dyes and impregnating products as well as washing and cleaning products.
Since these two substances are approved, the SVHC list consequently contains 211 Substances of Very High Concern, as of January 19th, 2021.